Sunday, August 17, 2008

Race Day has Dawned

Photo by Dave Macleod Gameplan media
I woke up this morning with my own Personal Narrator reading the script for my own movie... "race day has finally dawned for the SA Women's K4" it said, in a rather Discovery Channel documentary voice!



I am always amazed with the things my brain comes up with, this is a first for me, having a narrator for my life! Anyway, hopefully the voice will be reporting that we are straight through to the Final. Having to race one less time will help me a lot, as I have a lot of races this week with the K2 as well. Most regatta's are over 3 days, and although we race a few times in one day, by day 3 I am quite tired. This is unchartered waters, racing over 6 days, and it will be interesing to see how everyone holds up.



So at 1630 local time we are up. 1030 for you guys in SA. we have a bit of a wait, which is painful, I hate waiting around. Busy watching our SA girls play Korea in the hockey... on TV of course. It's a cracker of a day outside, so I'm opting for the pleasures of aircon:)



No comments: